Plein air painting has been an extension of my love for nature and the outdoors.
Born and raised in Camillus, New York, I graduated from SUNY Buffalo with a BFA in Communication Design. After an established career as a graphic designer and art director in upstate New York, Chicago, Tulsa and Greenville, South Carolina, my wife and I moved to Arizona. Captivated by my new surroundings I began making art, working in oil and public art mural painting. In 2012, we moved to Maine where I travel the state painting its bucolic landscapes and rugged coastline. Yearly excursions to paint in the desert Southwest have kept me tied to a place of searing raw beauty of which I will never tire.
• April- May 2017: Several pieces at Jackson Memorial Library, Tenants Harbor Maine. Showing with the Plein Air Painters of Maine
• September 2015 & 2016: Participated in the invitational “A Stroke of Art” at the Boothbay Harbor Plein Air Festival.
• July- 2014, 2015 & 2016: invited back to Ocean Park, Maine to paint at Art in the Park Plein Air Festival
• July - November 2016: Solo show at the Maine State House, Augusta, Maine, 22 Paintings exhibited
• May-October 2015-2016: Several works shown at "Works of Hand Shop and Gallery" in Winter Harbor, Maine
• May-June 2016: Exhibited several works at University of Maine Presque Isle at the Reed Gallery
• 2015: Solo show at Winter Harbor Public Library. 18 paintings exhibited.
• Active member of the Plein Air Painters of Maine (PAPME)
• Kennebec Valley Art Association
• Creative Portland