Plein Air painting has been an
My art is based on the harmony and variety of color, form, texture, value and perspective, that I see and feel living in this amazing American landscape. Plein air painting has been an extension of my love of nature and my experiences outdoors. It is always an adventure and challenge to me! The more I paint outdoors the more intimate I become with our Earth and the more I can share this intimacy and value for our environment with others. It is the experience to make a study or the challenge to finish a painting outdoors and sharing that experience with people that keeps me going out for more.
Born and raised in Camillus, New York, I graduated from SUNY Buffalo with a BFA in Communication Design. After an established career as a graphic designer and art director in upstate New York, Chicago, Tulsa and, Greenville South Carolina, my wife and I moved to Arizona. Captivated by my new surroundings I began making art, working in oil and public art mural painting. In 2012, we moved to Maine where I travel the state painting its blooming springs, bucholic summers, beauteous autumns and snowy winters! Yearly excursions to paint in the desert Southwest have kept me tied to a place of searing raw beauty of which I will never tire.
• November-June 2017: Featured artist for the 2017 season of Vox Nova Chamber Choir, exhibiting paintings at each of four concerts
• September, 2017: “A Stroke of Art” Plein Air festival during Boothbay Harborfest. Won Honorable mention at Caper's Deli event
• July, 2017: Art in the Park Plein Air Festival, Ocean Park Maine. Invited back each year since 2015
• June, 2017: Parrsboro Plein Air Festival, Nova Scotia. Took third place at Quick Draw Competition
• May, 2017: Tamworth Wet Paint Plein Air Festival, New Hampshire. second place, overall
• May-Oct, 2017: Showing at "Works of Hand Shop and Gallery" at Winter Harbor, Maine, since 2015
• April-May, 2017: Several pieces at Jackson Memorial Library, Tenant's Harbor Maine. Showing with the Plein Air Painters of Maine
• July-November, 2016: Solo show at the Maine State House, Augusta, Maine, 22 Paintings exhibited
• May-June, 2016: Exhibited several works at University of Maine Presque Isle at the Reed Gallery
• Works of Hand Gallery and Shop, Winter Harbor, Maine, since 2015
• Plein Plein Air Painters of Maine (PAPME)
• Kennebec Kennebec Valley Art Association
• Creative Portland